was Re: [AT] WHERE IS EVERYONE now Hurricane Ophelia

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Sep 11 15:53:52 PDT 2005

I didn't like those old bridges.  The first time I drove over the oldest one
I was 16 and hadn't been driving for long.  It nearly scared me to death.
It wasn't so bad after they built  the other one so that traffic was one way
only on each bridge.  The new one is a piece of cake.  Not as high, wide
lanes (4 in each direction) and divided only by a Jersey barrier type
concrete divider.  It looks like a runway!  The suspension cables are on the
sides.   It was wierd when I got down there.  I was going into town
southbound on 17.  It was getting dark and I didn't know a new bridge had
been built.  About 5 miles from the bridge I saw these two huge pyramid
shaped towers that were lighted and gleaming white against the  dusk dark
sky.  I kept thinking to myself.  It's been a long time since I've been over
that bridge and it's high but I don't remember it being THAT high.  LOL.
Turned out I was looking at the suspension cables.

Charlie