[AT] Gasoline $ another view

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 08:00:33 PDT 2005

Henry,

>Back when gas was $1.34/gallon I did the math and concluded that the
>savings
>in gas would pay for a $800 Geo Metro in less than a year (including
>insurance and extra maintance).  My truck gets 23mpg, and gas has gone way
>up.   You should do the math yourself, I find it hard to believe that you
>can't justify a tiny car for just commuting.   Save the jeep for pulling
>the
>tractor.
>
>A car pool would be a good option too.

Yeah, a commuting vehicle, that would be another option.  The idea behind
the Jeep was to have
something a bit bigger in case of an accident.  I guess I would be toast in
any car if hit by a semi.

Actually, my Jeep is the 6 cylinder so I can't pull all that I have but I
think it might handle the MH Pacer and the Allis B.  Maybe it could handle
the JD 40s I have but not sure about the JD B, BO or Ferguson 40.

LeRoy