[AT] Gasoline $

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Sep 1 08:50:38 PDT 2005

I saw Boone Pickens on TV yesterday.  To parapharse what  he said, Demand is
outrunning the maximum supply capability of available refineries by about
4%.  The only way to ballance the equation is to let prices rise until
demand falls.

It won't take long for demand to drop by > 4% at these prices.

This is a temporary situation and we should all be thankful that our fuel
prices have historically been so low.  It hurts right now because the price
of the fuel increase is not YET built into our  econmy but that will work
it's way out.

I don't like $3.30 gasoline any more than the rest of you do but it is STILL
cheap.  If you don't think so think about this.  How many miles per gallon
does your  pickup truck get?  I'm gonna shoot low and say 10 mpg average.
Put 330 pennies in your pocket and start walking.  About every 80 steps
throw a penny on the ground.  It won't be long before you realize how cheap
gas is.  Oh yeah remember you are dragging your tractor behind you and
toting your groceries on your back.

Now let's get back to talking about tractors or does anyone do that on this
list any longer.

Charlie