[Farmall] F-20 Project Update - Sleeve Question

Tony Pitts mgomaize at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 17:17:41 PDT 2005

Hello,

After pretty much a 18 month hiatus, I am working on my F-20 Narrow again.  I have put an update up on my Restoration Story site at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/pitts/mbf/F20NRestoration.htm

Newest update at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/pitts/mbf/F20NRestoration%20Page%204.htm

Now for my sleeve question.  Today I attempted to hone my sleeves and I found that one may be beyond repair.  This is the cylinder that was most corroded as you can see here (These are LARGE files, smaller versions are here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apittsworldnetattnet/album?.dir=989a):

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/641a983d_m4187e210/bc/F-20N/Farmall+F-20N+May+19+2003+035.jpg?BCHHgLDByQ_rpPPv

After getting it loosened up, the piston out, and honing it looks like this.  You can still see some corrosion, and you can see a couple small divots in the sleeve wall.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/641a983d_m4187e210/bc/F-20N/Sleeves+005.jpg?BCHHgLDBAm5vaMKX

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/641a983d_m4187e210/bc/F-20N/Sleeves+004.jpg?BCHHgLDB7SRIV.zo

Is this sleeve unusable?  If so, would I then want to replace all 4? Any other comments are welcome as well.

I'll have these photos up on my site soon as well.  I also just noticed I have some link problems on page one of the story that I will fix as well.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Tony
Tony Pitts
Ann Arbor, MI