[Ford-ferguson] Sicklebar mower

leadsled52 at netzero.net leadsled52 at netzero.net
Tue Sep 20 09:18:12 PDT 2005

Dearborn and Ferguson both made mowers. Ferguson had several models including an under-mount. Ferguson's best mower being the dynabalance mower. Instead of having a pitman it used a special gearbox that made the mower run very smoothly and quietly, however they can be expensive, not sure how much, but more than the rest.
Dearborn made several version of a three point mower that mounted right up tight to the tractor, I have their model 15-16?. The only problem is that it requires special hardware to attach to the tractor, a special top link bracket, underaxel bracket(easy to find) and lift link extensions. I am still looking for the lift link extensions. The mower works without it but not as convenient to use.
Ford and some others have made full three point mowers that only use the three point hitch, but stick out a little more from the tractor. Ford's 501? is fairly common and sell for $300+
Hope this helps some, sorry I don't know market values.
Aaron Dickinson
Mason,MI
1940 Farmall A
1946 John Deere B