[Steam-engine] New guy's sugestion

Eric Applegate eric at glassactonline.com
Wed Oct 5 04:37:19 PDT 2005

Hi Charlie,
I do have A boiler.  It is a "Look out Mountain" scary name I thought but it is a real place from what I understand.  It is about 25hp and way to small.  VFT fired on oil double rivited very good shape built for the military in about 56 and sold as scrap to the fella I bought it from.  Actually traded him out of it (says the fella I got it from) The most acurate would be to say he gave it to me as I did not do much for it.  Nerver the less it is a great victorian style boiler that I will put to use some day.  I am afraid that your boiler is still on the small side as well.  I would like to be able to steam all three at once.  That means 10" x 18" @ 125 RPM  11" x 24" @125 RPM and 16" x 16" @ 300 RPM and even with no load that is a lot of volume of steam.  I would like to run them at actual speed as it seems that most engines just click around and it seems most people think that is how it was back in the day so to speek.  I think (as bad as this sounds) that I might look for a
  package boiler that I can hide from public eye.

Eric