[AJD] (AJD] Early Styled B Front Wheel Bearing

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Mon Oct 3 09:04:31 PDT 2005

They are worn out, Mike.  Probably worn pretty even, but worn no less.
I would replace all 4 cones and the caged bearing assemblies.  A little
spendy, but you should never have to do it again provided you keep them
lubed properly.

I had to replace the front wheel bearings in my '48 A.  The rollers all
had a flat side.  All four bearings.  The tractor has had an ABG 90
blade on the front for the past 30 some years, and only used to move
snow.  The combination of the weight and the cold weather operations
must have started the bearings wearing like that.  Along with the lack
of annual disassembly and cleaning that the tractor would have had in
field service.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA