[AT] Some ads from the 11/26 Lancaster Farming

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon Nov 28 20:22:22 PST 2005

Dean,

I am glad you jumped in with that info.  I don't have - and never have had -
any Ford tractors.  However, a good friend (Mike) who lives in town (Monroe)
has a 52 8-N, which he has kept at my place for a half dozen years or so.
This past year I put both a Howard and a Sherman in it for him as he never
liked its' factory gearing and inability to rototille.  Now that we've got
the gearing pretty well fixed he (and I) are both complaining now about how
hard it is to steer ... it's not that the steering has gotten any worse it's
just that we had concentrated all our complaining before on the gearing.  I
am sure he won't be satisfied until it has power steering.  Mikes' Dad had
several N's on the farm the last of which was a 52 so as it is, I am sure,
for a lot of us this particular tractor is a nostalgic thing for him.

Thanks again for the info -
Dudley