[AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop, Shepard etc.

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Tue Nov 22 12:47:55 PST 2005

    The Sheppard tractor used their own 10 speed transmission
and independent hydraulic system. Cockshutt used an 8 speed in
the 40 and 50 tractors. Production of Sheppard tractors started
in 1948 and Cockshutt started production of the 30, 40, etc
tractors in 1950. The Sheppard diesel conversion was sold as a
kit that could be installed after market, similar to Funk kits
for Ford and Detroit Diesel kits for Case LA's.

    As to Farmer's question about the rims used on tractors, All
that I have seen were branded by Firestone or Goodyear.

                        Gene