[AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop, Shepard etc.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 22 16:08:46 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene Dotson <gdotsly at loganrec.com>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop, Shepard etc.

>     The Sheppard tractor used their own 10 speed transmission
> and independent hydraulic system. Cockshutt used an 8 speed in
> the 40 and 50 tractors.

Had to put my two cents worth on this one Gene as I know for sure my 40 and
50 have six speed transmissions and there was no option. You might be
thinking of the 'creeper' transmission available on the 30. It gave a
creeper gear in each of the four speeds for total of 8 speeds.
Also,, that Mercer tractor,,,, looks like no Cockshutt I have ever seen.
Except for the 4-153 engine which would be the same as the Cockshutt 30,
otherwise I see no similarity.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/