[Farmall] 1925 M/D 10-20

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Nov 8 14:45:22 PST 2005

James Moran wrote:
> KO-
> I related my activities of the day earlier and I hope
> you will give it a read.  I must mention... when that
> final, stubborn plug let loose, I DID notice a bit of
> "crap" around the plug hole.  I tried to bring it away
> from there so that it did not fall down upon the
> cylinder/valves but, I am sure, some of must have done
> so.  Is this a problem?  Will it dissolve in the
> mixture?  Will the entire head have to be pulled now
> or at some point?
No, but if it is just small particles, rust, dirt, etc., they will get
blown out the exhaust ports once you fire up the engine (note, do NOT
stand near the exhaust when it first fires up, as you are likely to get
a dirt bath from all the crap in the engine and muffler).
> Also, the gasoline filler cap came off easily.  The
> distillate tank cap won't budge.  Can I "persuade" it
> with a channel locks or would doing so be a bad idea?
I suspect that some penetrating fluid sprayed up in that area and then
some gentle tugging with the channel locks and a rag or old hunk of
inner tube wrapped around the cap. If you happen to have one of those
rubber strap wrenches, they are good for that kind of thing. You don't
want to use so much force that you collapse the cap or twist the top of
the tank.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a
free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -Franklin
D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)