[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Nov 6 07:17:47 PST 2005

Blake, what you say makes sense, especially the part about shooting it in
against a tube.  But there is no port on this boiler for what you describe,
only the very top port for steam and below on the mudring for
feedwater(???).  I would think that shooting in the feedwater at the mudring
would not cool the water up high quite as fast as shooting it in 1/3 of the
way above the lower crown sheet.

  Did I say that right:-)  and if the solids are blown around, wouldn't they
settle fairly rapidly back to the bottom?

Thanks Blake
RickinMt.