[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Jeff Smith steamenginesmitty at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 15:29:27 PST 2005

Rick,

Most of the vertical boilers I have been exposed to
had the injector feed just about midpoint of the
boiler to keep it away from the firebox.  I have a new
ASME "S" boiler and it has a piece of 2" pipe split in
half and welded to the inside to deflect the cold
water entering the boiler away from the tubes.

Jeff Smith