[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 16:02:11 PST 2005

I guess Eric you cant be scared to pull a fire. I have pulled more than one
in my career. Pulled one once in a 80 HP Erie City boiler on the Fourth of
July.  It had just been loaded up with 4 foot slab wood and I notice a fitting on
the  injector feed about to fracture completely! It about gave two of us a
heat  stroke getting the fire out of the boiler and hosed down.

  Later after the boiler was cool, as soon as the pipe wrench was  applied
the fitting broke off with just the weight of the wrench. The  next project was
to re plumb the boiler with sch 80 piping.

  Had a handhole gasket blow out once, even an injector get  plugged.

Charlie