[AT] Any Chevy TBI experts

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Nov 5 06:17:18 PST 2005

Cecil,  if you get a Chiltons manual or the cheap one they sell at places
like AutoZone and look hard enough you can find the voltage ranges for the
throttle position sensor and it will tell you which wires to probe.  Take a
multi-meter, preferably an analog one, and connect it to the throttle
position sensor.  Move the sensor by hand and look for spikes or open spots
in the needle sweep of the multimeter.  That will tell you if the TPS is ok.
The problem might be partially clogged injectors or a bad spray pattern from
injector wear.  Could also be a bad Oxygen sensor I guess.

If you can't get ahold of a manual write me off list and I'll look stuff up
for you.

If you wind up needing to repair the throttle body AutoZone can get you one
rebuilt by Holley for about $300 bucks or so.  A new one from GM is about
$1500.00

Hope this helps.

Charlie