[AT] Any Chevy TBI experts

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Sat Nov 5 06:15:08 PST 2005

I had a 90 454.  The factory service manuals are well worth it.  Even though
they may cost you $200+.
That said, the biggest thing to remember is the same stuff goes wrong on the
computer engine as went wrong on the old engines.  Think logically what is
happening and you should be able to diagnose it.  Since you don't have any
codes, The sensors and computer are probably ok. It is not a fuel supply
problem since WOT seems to be ok.  Like Gene said, you could check the base
gasket.  A vacuum gage will tell you what is going on there.   My guess it
is spark.  I would replace the plugs and wires first.  Also check the cap
and rotor while you are at it.

My advise to replace the plugs and wires has fixed a similar problem in two
of my friends late model cars as well as my own.  Actually in all of those
cases, the plugs were ok and one wire was burned up.

Jim.