[AT] Case 580

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed May 18 05:47:11 PDT 2005

I have bad memories of the ring and pinion going out in my 530CK many years
ago.  (about 1970) I think the rear ends were the same as the later 580.  I
bought it reconditioned from a dealer who had rebuilt the rear end.  That
was unfortunate!  The dimbulb mechanic who didn't know what the shims were
even for had put them ALL on one side.

The axle wouldn't even turn so I walked it with the hoe to where I had
shelter from the wind and repaired it myself in zero weather.  I'm not at
all confident with a dealer's mechanics... a lesson I learned the expensive
way.

George Willer