[AT] Case 580

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Tue May 17 21:25:54 PDT 2005

If you have a noise check it out.  A friend used his hoe at my sons place a
few years ago with a noise and took a tooth of the ring gear. Ring and
pinion was about 800 plus. That was the cost of the parts only, he did the
work.  We of course helped him remove and tear down and when he had it set
up we helped reinstall.  It is basically a transaxle and a very large piece
of cast iron.  If you can get by with new bearings and shims which is the
way they set the backlash and side clearances in those it is cheaper to fix
before breaking.

Bruce Fallon
Freeland WA. 98249
bfallon at whidbey.com