[AT] Case 580

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Mon May 16 06:24:33 PDT 2005

Hi i hope some one on the list can give me some information on a case 580 B
hoe loader. Mine is some where in the 70s it has developed a clanking in
the rear end.Can you give me some facts on these  machines i have heard
that this is a problem with them????????. And can any one advise should i
get it repaired now or wait till some think breaks or slips. Any idea what
cost would be to replace rear end ring gear and pinion.This is a job i
would need to farm out . tractor reference i use it to move old tractors
and parts around.
Thanks any and all replys wanted.
R Fink
PA