[AT] Rubber boots

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu May 5 06:52:29 PDT 2005

> Yes, vice grip does make a fine looking chain wrench but I have always been
> too cheap to spend that kind of money on a tool that I probably only use
> once a year at most.

	Me too...   :-)    Mine was a gift. The family has known for years to give me tools on
any gift occasion. Since my tool collection is already sort of extensive I am often
consulted about which tools I would like to receive. Such information is usually passed
by marking items in tool catalogs that I would like. I try to mark enough stuff to give
plenty of choices.
	I am an absolute tool freak and if I had money I would be dangerous. I just bought two
good scroll saws on nice factory stands at auction last week. That brings me up to six. I
just bought them for the stands and will sell the saws themselves. Actually I am thinking
about selling all of them and buying one brand new one. These are all older and pretty
heavy and I have been wishing for one of those new ones with the instant blade change. I
don't use a scroll saw much but Diana has expressed some interest in doing a little and I
think one of the new ones would be easier for her to setup. Scott's son is also coming of
the age to try a bit. I have an older ShopSmith scroll saw that I may put on Ebay. There
is a whole cult following for SS stuff. We are having a family yard sale at my west barns
on the 14th and I may stick some of the others in that sale along with a couple of small
table saws I need to sell. Hmmmm, I wonder if anyone would panic if I sneaked a couple of
saws in the front corner of the trailer at the Portland swap meet... I could keep them
under a tarp and sell them covertly... "Pssst, hey buddy, could I fix you up with a
saw?".   ;-)

	Vice grips are good in a tractor tool box. I usually try to keep a screwdriver, pliers
(of some kind), a medium sized adjustable wrench, a hammer and a shop rag in the boxes in
season. I usually pull them out over the winter since most sit in the barn and tool shed
down the road and it is just far enough away that I can't keep a tight eye on things at
night. I lose a little gas from there now and then.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA