[AT] Rubber boots

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed May 4 20:30:09 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Indiana Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Rubber boots

> I have had a "Vice-Grip" chain wrench for a long time and it works much
like the chain
> Ralph used. You can see one here:
> http://www.growinglifestyle.com/us/h248/a193967.html
> I found the picture by doing a Google "image" search on "chain wrench" I
have several
> chain wrenches like most shown in the results but they don't work well on
stuff that is
> soft or can collapse. This vice grip wrench (and Ralph's chain) can be
controlled better
> on stuff that is not extremely solid since using it doesn't depend on
prying hard in one
> spot with a toothed pad.
> "farmer",

Yes, vice grip does make a fine looking chain wrench but I have always been
too cheap to spend that kind of money on a tool that I probably only use
once a year at most. I can always find a piece of used roller chain on the
farm. But I won't leave the yard without a pair of vise grips in the tractor
tool box. They are the handiest item I've found for emergency field repairs.
.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/