Was [AT] Skid steer; NOW -My skid steer

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Tue May 3 13:47:42 PDT 2005

Greg,
    There are aftermarket systems for changing out the points and using
an external electronic amplifier BUT... it sounds like there have been a
LOT of troubles on that engine. My experience with Honda OHV engines (in
lawn service in Phoenix) is that they are very dependable in very brutal
environments.
 I'd look at doing the repower and setting the governor down a bit; you
might not have had full power out of the old engine and might not notice
the difference in peak power. You'll probably see a lot of difference in
dependability though, and if you can start and run it when the other
wouldn't, you've gained a usable skidsteer out of the deal. Heck, run it
'til the Kohler croaks again and use that as an excuse. :^)

Ken