[AT] Skid steer

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun May 1 07:01:56 PDT 2005

>  have found a JD {i think he said] 60 skid steer for $2000.00. It has

a problem i would say electric some where. Some times it will fire and run

then next time will not start no matter what[his words]. It has a onan

engine i would guess 20 hp. Any one have experience wit this model whats

good and whats bad. The tires are fair and i only need it for limited use.

To clean out a basement where house burnt. Thanks all comments will be
helpful.
> R Fink
> PA

	Richard, there is a very good chance that is a John Deere
Model 14 skidsteer. If so, the manuals are still available from JD.

	I have one here. It is all hydraulic drive and powered by
an Onan engine. FWIW, I would get them all if you buy the machine.
There are a lot of fine points to adjusting the hydraulics and the
chains that drive the pump.

	The serial number is located inside the frame under the
boom pivot. The engine serial number is to the right around the
corner from the gas filler pipe on the engine shroud. Parts are
easy to get for the Onan and should be available from NAPA.

Cecil