[AT] Skid steer

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun May 1 05:59:54 PDT 2005

That is a very old skid steer. I looked into buying a similar model a
few years ago and sought the advice of a local JD construction dealer.
He said that it was an OK model (I think that it was a JD badged
Mustang, if memory serves), but he said the engines "didn't last long".
(Skid steer engines are run wide open in commercial use, often for 8
hours or more a day, so they take a beating, especially air cooled
models.) I am sure, from your description that there is just a simple
loose connection or bad component in the engine ignition circuit. The
Onan is a good engine, and you can still get parts and manuals. I would
be more concerned with the hydraulic pumps and valves than the engine
problem. (I would buy it at that price, for whatever that information is
worth.) You can get a brand new replacement engine for about $1800, if
it comes to that.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane