[AT] Left or right combines?

Gene Waugh gwaugh at wowway.com
Sat Mar 19 20:26:19 PST 2005

And all this talk of combines has brought to mind the time I was kicking
down the hopper one time when combining oats---they would, of course, not
want to flow too well.  There was a broom stuck around the hopper, but us
cousins (teenagers, you know) would tend to jump into the hopper, grab the
sides, and kick the sides to dislodge the grain.  One time I slipped and
caught my foot in the auger!!!  I will be forever grateful that IH just used
an idler pulley drive for the auger, rather than a chain & sprocket, like
the "big bucks" John Deere did!!!  All that happened was that I lost the
nail on my big toe.

Gene Waugh