[AT] Fw: Truck & Tractor Tool Guide Part Two

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 17 13:21:46 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Louis <louis at kellnet.com>
To: 'Antique tractor email discussion group' <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:25 PM
Subject: RE: [AT] Fw: Truck & Tractor Tool Guide Part Two

 I was grinding on something the sparks went into my garbage can
> and set some paper on fire.  At the same time I got a spark in my eye.
> Lou

I  learned the hard way almost thirty years ago to use eye protection for
grinding. I never knew for sure how it happened but I can still recall the
pain that eventually drove me to a doctor to have a piece of steel removed
from my eye. It was during harvest and I was using a p.t.o. combine behind
the 930 Case. I had to work with one eye for a while as the doc put a patch
over the injured one. Luckily it was the left eye injured. leaving my right
eye still functional for all the over the shoulder work involved in pull
type combining.
I was lucky. Good vision, like so many things, is often taken for granted
until we lose it.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/