OT: Mozilla vs. IE (was Re: [AT] trimming the fleet and notbeingableto go to site

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Mar 4 08:17:56 PST 2005

The Mozilla site has a glitch or two in it, Ralph.  I went back and
forth on the URL H.L. gave us trying to download Foxfire and it got into
an endless loop.  I finally Googled Mozilla and came into the site from
a different location and it worked fine.  It took about 15 minutes to
download it on a dial-up modem.  When it installs, it will take all your
settings from IE along (if you wish), so the setup on it is a breeze.
For the first time in over a year, I can browse on this computer without
hitting non-responsive situations involving Java scripts.

Come to think about it, my problems with the Mozilla site last night may
have been caused by IE.  It would be interesting to go back into it
under Foxfire using H.L.'s information and see if it works like it's
supposed to.  :-)

Larry