[AT] trimming the fleet and not being able to go to site

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Mar 4 04:38:20 PST 2005

On 3 Mar 2005 at 15:19, Wayne Snelling wrote:

> Microsoft is going to start looking at your computer again when you go
> to the updates, to verify that you have valid software and not a pirated
> copy. If it looks like you have a pirated copy or someone has the same
> copy you will get a telephone call (supposedly). Looks like an extreme
> cost factor any way you look at it.
>
> Wayne

Hi Wayne:
	I have been hearing this story for years but don't buy it... I'm not even sure they are
good enough to pull it off.   ;-)    I still remember Bill Gates getting TBSOD on live
global news while releasing a new operating system.   ;-)
	Using an outdated operating system (98 SE) probably would exempt anybody from such
concerns. I can't say as I can blame them for wanting to guard stuff they are currently
selling, especially new releases.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net