[AT] trimming the fleet and not being able to go to site

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Thu Mar 3 13:19:18 PST 2005

Dean: I keep all my internet computers with W XP totally up to date and
my other computers that are not on the internet not updated. Updates now
are concerned mostly with security hole patches and patches......
I would say if you start the updates then you should continue with them.
Microsoft is going to start looking at your computer again when you go
to the updates, to verify that you have valid software and not a pirated
copy. If it looks like you have a pirated copy or someone has the same
copy you will get a telephone call (supposedly). Looks like an extreme
cost factor any way you look at it.

Wayne