[AT] anybody close to this?

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 2 06:45:24 PST 2005

On 2 Mar 2005 at 7:08, Al Jones wrote:

> Charlie, Is there a "better" way to get to TN from NC than I-40?  I am
> hoping to take a trip towards Nashville this summer for the IH
> Collector's Red Power Roundup and I may be pulling a trailer.
>
> Al

	Then you definitely don't want to cross through Deals Gap...   Something like 318 turns
in 11 miles.   ;-)
	I have driven from NC to TN a couple of times on I-40 and I didn't think it was that
bad. If I was not pulling a trailer or was just pulling a small one I would likely just
cut through the mountains on the main road (I forget its number) through the National
Park and relax and enjoy the trip. It is usually only bad on fall weekends. I don't
really care that much for trips where my goal is to get from point A to point B quickly.
I like to mosey and wander around back roads a little. On the trip we made to see Bob
Seith north east of Columbus OH we took a "short cut" home through Florence KY and spent
the night there...   :-)
	Sadly the trip we are making to southern KY this week will maybe be a hurry trip. I'm
having a hard time leaving the farm these days, my mother's mind is not doing well and
she has panic attacks when I leave the farm especially if it is any distance away.
Columbus IN is the next county seat town south of here and on my last KY trip I told her
I was going to a tractor show "south of Columbus". I just didn't say how far south...   :-
)

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net