[Ford-ferguson] MF 35 PTO question

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Jun 27 12:25:23 PDT 2005

On the MF 35 the PTO is regulated by a two stage clutch.  A partial depress of
the clutch pedal will disengage the wheels while leaving the PTO running.  A
full depress of the clutch will disengage the wheels and the PTO.  So, I guess
it's not really a live PTO.  Also the PTO can be engaged in two different
settings.  The engine PTO setting makes the PTO active as long as the engine is
running and the clutch is not depressed all the way.  The ground PTO setting
connects the PTO so that it operates only when the wheels are turning and the
speed of the PTO is regulated by ground speed.  When the wheels aren't turning
the PTO is stopped.  Also care must be taken when using that setting because
shifting the tractor into reverse will also make the PTO run in reverse.
The MF 35 is a very solid tractor (especially when coupled with the Perkins
diesel engine).

David