[Steam-engine] Oilers for Crosshead slides

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 19:02:16 PDT 2005

Lucas oil stabilizer or hi tack works good, it wont sling off easy it is
readily available at auto parts stores. Cleans up easy with WD 40 and a cloth
rag.

I usually use steam cylinder oil on every thing but I have a good supply.

Connecting rods work good with automatic (spring loaded) greasers

Another advantage of steam cylinder oil is it is 6 to 10% animal fat so it
has good adhesion to metal parts during long periods of lay up

Chas F