[AT] Wet Sleeves

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sat Jun 25 04:14:12 PDT 2005

    Successful sleeve installation is more preparation than the
lubricant used. The bottom bore and champher must be cleaned of
all scale and rust. I use a die grinder and flap wheel to make
sure all scale and rough edges are polished out.
    When installing the o-rings on the sleeves, make sure the
grooves are thoughly cleaned. Install the o-rings on the sleeve
and to make sure there are no twists, run a small object around
under the o-ringa couple of times so the ring seats in the
groove.
    Lubricants used can be glycerine, lubriplate. tire bead
lubricant, silicone lubricant or motor oil. Wipe the bottom bore
as clean as possible and apply lubricant to the bottom bore and
to the o-ring area of the sleeve.
    Install the sleeve by using a twisting, spinning motion on
the sleeve as you push it down into place with only hand
pressure.

                    Gene