[AT] Wet Sleeves

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Jun 25 06:29:00 PDT 2005

On 25 Jun 2005 at 7:14, Gene Dotson wrote:

>     Successful sleeve installation is more preparation than the
> lubricant used. The bottom bore and champher must be cleaned of
> all scale and rust. I use a die grinder and flap wheel to make
> sure all scale and rough edges are polished out.
>     When installing the o-rings on the sleeves, make sure the
> grooves are thoughly cleaned. Install the o-rings on the sleeve
> and to make sure there are no twists, run a small object around
> under the o-ringa couple of times so the ring seats in the
> groove.
>     Lubricants used can be glycerine, lubriplate. tire bead
> lubricant, silicone lubricant or motor oil. Wipe the bottom bore
> as clean as possible and apply lubricant to the bottom bore and
> to the o-ring area of the sleeve.
>     Install the sleeve by using a twisting, spinning motion on
> the sleeve as you push it down into place with only hand
> pressure.
>
>                     Gene

	All good information... Also your mouth should be twisted around to the left. A cat
should be sleeping somewhere in the shop. The moon should be full. The neighbors dog
should smell slightly of skunk... Sometimes muttering helps too...   ;-)

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA