[AT] Solvent

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jun 23 20:14:42 PDT 2005

The paint shop I used to work in had just about every nasty solvent
available. MEK was used like water in that place. One of the tests done
by the QA people was a cure test using a cotton cloth and MEK. They
counted how many rubs it took to dull or damage the coating. My wife was
in charge of QA for 5 years and carried a pint push top bottle of MEK in
her apron all the time. Due to the constant use of it she has almost no
sense of smell but fortunately that is her only problem. I spent 11
years there in both powder and liquid painting. Used LOT'S of solvents.
Not showing any problems yet, however another gent has acute short term
memory loss, to the point that he has to write down just about anything
if he wants to remember it within an hour. If you ask him about it a
week later he can remember it.

Steve Williams