[Farmall] Oliver Cletrac HG Question

James & Linda Whittington is23 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 17 12:56:46 PDT 2005

Mags.and distributors ,both always work better if the polarty is right
as by the manufacture or system.The old engineers were very good and the
manufacture,always honored them.The system,through the coil,to the dist
or mag,back to the coil,then to the plug,always lets the spark go
through the "plug"(very important),then jump to the tang. We never paid
much attention,as people of old,farmers and fixit around home,but as
from the factory,it was that way!! I;m not trying to confuse anyone,but
polarty,and spark travel,is important.I'm not trying to toot,my own
horn,but out of the old school,and doing it right,and finding out the
problem other than,changing parts out,done me good all my life.Shop
foreman,many years for International Dealer,Master Mechanic for 5th
largest Construction Company in US,and building drag engines,for drag
strips(this is where you learn to "get it right").Most of the old Motors
manuels,for cars and trucks,used to give all the understanding on the
polarty of the neg.and positive system..The mags,were just about a no
lose way,but some as myself,converted the mags.,to distributors,by
mounting a coil outside,and hooking up hot wires,it had to be done
right.In the 60's-early 70's,since the parts were hard to find for
some,NO-computors etc,these things had to be done,to get a saw mill,or
tractor on the road.But,back to the subject,spark travel is
important.Not,trying to confuse or cause trouble.JIMW