JD pawl needed- was Re: [AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jun 16 00:40:10 PDT 2005

Brian:

D802A is a Clutch Dog used on #5 & #6 tractor drawn plows made after 1930
and D797A (Sub DA2232A) is the Clutch drum used on 6C plows after 1930.

I have only one Parts Catalog for tractor drawn Listers that might be close
but it is only a two row lister. A model 730. The clutch on it doesn't use
the parts you have mentioned.

I suspect your unit is a Killefer unit and I don't have good reference
material on them. Since JD and Killefer was so connected and Killefer
eventually was purchased by JD they may have shared some common parts.
Hopefully there is someone on the list that has some good reference material
on Killefer stuff.

But the bottom line is JD's Parts depot in Wisconsin shows that they have 8
of the D802A's in stock. Your dealer should be able to get one for you in a
jiffy.  Something this old may be quite inexpensive since the Parts Depot
price they sometimes charge for items such as this is whatever price it was
when it went into their inventory. That may have been many years ago and
therefore quite inexpensive. The freight from WI to CA may be more than the
part price. You won't know until you ask.

Hope this helps.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door