[AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Jun 15 10:56:49 PDT 2005

	I have several old sickle mowers that I am giving up on selling and will start scrapping
them out next week. All need repairs and it is getting harder to find anyone that wants
to mess with such stuff. While there are a lot of us across the country doing this stuff
in any given small area there are only a few. I hauled a couple of green and yellow ones
to the Portland swap meet and found very little interest... I think I started at $50 each
and then cut them to $25 each. I figured they were worth that for parts. They are the
kind with one rear caster wheel. I believe one is a U-8 and the other older but I don't
remember what model it is It has a cover plate on the gearbox with a deer on it and says
John Deere. The U-8 is a more modern style.
	I also have several IH mowers of that style. I am going to keep one of those that has a
rear "steel" wheel and will likely save some parts from one or two of the others back for
it. We have 4 other sickle mowers that we are keeping. I have a belly mount sickle for my
AC-C, a pull type New Idea and a drawbar mount Co-op with two caster wheels on the rear.
Son Scott has a 3 point MM sickle mower.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA