[AT] Caterpillar Service Literature

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 03:58:32 PDT 2005

> I have a Jensales manual for my 314 Allis Chalmers, I did not buy it  myself,
> the former owner did.  The problem is that they are copies.   the original
> prints are not good, they were black & white and taken in less  than optimum
> lighting conditions.  When they are copied they just turn out  black.  I don't
> know if they were scanned into a digital format and then  worked on if they
> would be better or not....
>
> Just cannot beat the original factory service manual...
>
> Cecil in OKla

	There was a big hoohaa a couple years ago about these manuals
that I remember all too well. FWIW, it isn't hard to scan any original
manual with an inexpensive scanner and get good legible and easy to
read prints that show all the detail. Those manuals that were just
copied many years ago may have been OK if all you wanted was a manual
but if you need to get into details, as in transmission work, you need
good copies.  It's too bad in a way that original manuals of any kind
are that hard to come by as this is a business that could use some
competition.

Cecil