[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Tue Jun 14 20:28:52 PDT 2005

I bought 95 acres in SE Ohio in '91 for $220/acre. I bought 60 acres next to
it in 96 for $400/acre and wondered if it was too much money but I wanted it
because it was adjacent to what I already owned. Today, if I offered it all
for sale at $1000/acre I'd have to call the sheriff to calm the mob that
would be fighting for the opportunity to buy it. This is brushy, woodsy hill
country-poor soil but lotsa deer & turkeys. Land prices are going nuts
around here too.
Mark