[AT] Bio-diesel

Chuck Saunders gooberdog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 09:22:09 PDT 2005

I don't think that the regular waste (post -mostly glycerin, pre -food
scraps) are a major concern and some are saleable or they can be
composted. I was mostly concerned by what to do with the remains of a
batch gone bad (apparently happens easily).  But in the processing
there is a lot of energy input for heating to remove water and later
to retrieve methanol. Also the quantity of storage space for settling,
raw waste oil,  drums of methanol (buy in quantity to get a good
price).  Like I said, I am not against it, but it isn't attractive
enough for me. Too much side stepping of the total process by the
proponents.

I thought that the production threshold applied for self use off road
but that any on-road use was taxable if used above supplement levels.
But I could easily be wrong (Now there is a statement I can stand
behind).

I do think that the process has promise though.
Chuck Saunders
KC MO