[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Sun Jun 12 19:06:14 PDT 2005

> > 	A lot of these folks moving in almost don't ask price, if they see an old tractor they
> > want they just buy it regardless of price...
>

> Here in the Phoenix area it's gone crazy as well. There were 2 parcels
> of about 1.25 acres apiece across my street that went for $250K apiece
> about 2 months ago (just for the DIRT!). And a developer just paid a
> little over $100K an acre for 700+ acres out in Mesa in a state land
> auction. Sooo... it makes tractor prices just as stupid. Most of the
> iron I look at these days has to come in from out of state or I can't
> afford it. Now I get a lot of folks driving by looking at my tractors.
> Hopefully I won't have to start locking them up or anything!
>
> Ken
>
> Gilbert (central) Arizona

I have to admit I was wrong about the above. My SO just corrected me...
they were ASKING $250K apiece for both lots (1.25 acres). They GOT $265K
apiece. Sorry for the Kenfusion. :^)

(I hope the new owners don't mind me having 4 Case D tractors, a TD-14
crawler, an 8N, a Bobcat, 2 Blazers, 3 Camaros, 3 other cars... and the
fiance's JD B on my 1.25 acres across the street...)

Ken