[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jun 12 14:35:20 PDT 2005

Dallas:

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is probably causing most of this
craziness. If you own farm land that has an open feedlot or is adjacent to
an open feedlot confinement yard you would be well advised to read the new
DNR regulations. Especially, if there is any drainage through or on to your
property. Very serious stuff.  See info at:

http://www.iowadnr.com/afo/newrules.html

This isn't unique to Iowa. These new regulations are being implemented at
the State level due to Federal Regulations. Probably are in implementation
stage right now in most, if not all, states.

Unfortunately, we have had to learn all about these new regulations in the
last few months. Dealing with these issues from 1700 miles away has been
more than a little difficult.

Hopefully we will have it resolved before our visit to NW Iowa in July. I
suspect the Dairy operator thought he stole the land at $6,000 an acre.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com