[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 12:49:56 PDT 2005

	Central Indiana and in particular Marion County
> (Indianapolis) and the 7 "donut"
> > counties around Marion County are rapidly becoming
> a bit like parts of California. The
> > level of development is just going absolutely
> insane... There are a lot of people with
> > money here now and while they still allow a few of
> us poor fol

Sounds worse than California. I have a 41 acre parcel
of the some of the best farmland in the world (planted
in tomatoes this year) in escrow to buy for $6200 an
acre. Granted it is in ag preserve (lower property tax
in exchange for keeping it in ag production and no
more than two homes on the property) and farther away
from development. To me, these conditions are
advantages. I suppose if you got closer in to some of
the urban areas, the land prices would be as high or
higher than what you are seeing in Indiana. But who
would want to live in the midst of that development?
I'm happy to be away from it and glad that the zoning
will keep it more likey as ag land.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com