[AT] OT Land prices was RE: B Allis

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Sun Jun 12 13:48:18 PDT 2005

Land prices around the big dairies in western Iowa are also insane! The rent
around some of the dairies by LeMars is $240.00 and acre. The standing offer
by a couple of the dairies is $5000.00 an acre. One poor old boy had 30
acres adjoining some land that a dairy owned. When approached about the
amount to sell his land. He laughed and said $250,000.00. figuring that
would end it. He was surprised when the dairy owner pulled out his checkbook
and said sold. That is over $8000.00 and acre!   Dallas