[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:05:45 PDT 2005

Karl,  I am trying to figure out how to break the news to my wife that I
really need two buildings!!   I had been thinking about an interior wall
between the shop and the storage area, but I probably will end up with not
enough room for either function.

Thanks

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"Karl Olmstead" <olmstead at ridgenet.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
06/10/2005 01:18 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Then there's the tractor storage question.  I'm about to put up a 40'x60'
building just for tractor (and building material) storage, in order to get

some tractors out of the workshop.  Pain in the butt trying to squeeze
between the Monarch lathe and the Wards knobbies on Bob's F-20...  Sounds
like walling off the shop from the storage would work for some situations.

Many shop activities, like grinding, welding and painting, are not
compatible with storage of restored tractors.  In order to actually use my

shop, I have to move a forklift, a car and a pickup truck.  That's getting

old, so I'm going to split up the functions.  Use the existing building as
workshop and move nearly all stored tractors to a new 3-sided building
just
to keep the sun and rain off them.  Once the workshop is no longer
required
to store tractors, I can rearrange it and make it a lot more useful as a
shop.

-Karl