[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Fri Jun 10 11:18:38 PDT 2005

Then there's the tractor storage question.  I'm about to put up a 40'x60'
building just for tractor (and building material) storage, in order to get
some tractors out of the workshop.  Pain in the butt trying to squeeze
between the Monarch lathe and the Wards knobbies on Bob's F-20...  Sounds
like walling off the shop from the storage would work for some situations.

Many shop activities, like grinding, welding and painting, are not
compatible with storage of restored tractors.  In order to actually use my
shop, I have to move a forklift, a car and a pickup truck.  That's getting
old, so I'm going to split up the functions.  Use the existing building as a
workshop and move nearly all stored tractors to a new 3-sided building just
to keep the sun and rain off them.  Once the workshop is no longer required
to store tractors, I can rearrange it and make it a lot more useful as a
shop.

-Karl