[AT] Re: Floyd River

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 10 13:14:12 PDT 2005

Ron/Kathy:

I agree, good to hear from the folks close to the old farmstead. Keep it
coming. Lemars is only 12 miles South of where I was born and raised. Played
Baseball and Fast Pitch softball in Akron many times. Akron suffered from
the same Malaise due to the Big Sioux as did those towns next to the Floyd.
When both flooded and dumped into Sioux City at the same time, it was
trouble right here in river city.

We used to take a highway from our home place along the Big Sioux River into
North Sioux City (Prairie Creek Road?) to go to a place called the Normandy
Restaurant, an eat all you want kind of place. That was a very rare and a
big treat for us farmers. I have no idea if it is still there or not.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com