[AT] cub / prime oil pump

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Thu Jun 9 10:27:33 PDT 2005

Walt,

None of us has experienced all the possible conditions that may come up...
even an advanced expert like you.  I DID lose a set of bearings in an engine
that failed to prime after setting all winter.  Luckily, I was able to get
replacement bearings and rebuild the pump and get the engine running
properly when I needed  the tractor urgently.  It's been performing
flawlessly for the dozen or so years since the event.

Excuse me, but I think many of us understand how an engine works.  The old
wives' tale is that we should take advice from Walt!  :-(

George Willer