[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 16, Issue 8

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 8 05:26:42 PDT 2005

Guess ya don't work on old tractors alot then huh?

Since I've been tinkering with tractors, I've found that discussions on how
to prime oil pumps on old tractors are just about as common as any other
question.. so it seems that the issue has been around.  Most of the issues
I've seen are with light multi-weight oils and worn pumps.. or pumps that
use a pickup tube that has a leak...  Or if  a unit has set up for an
extended time and the owner simply wants the first pump strokes to be
producing oil, rather than running around dry self priming for a few
strokes.. etc.
That's my take anyway..

Soundguy